Games Architecture and Development
Aims of Module
The aims of this module are to apply and develop students' knowledge and understanding of object-oriented techniques for effective and professional computer game development, and to explore issues pertaining to the practical development of commercial game development projects.
On completion of this module, the student will be able to
- Understand the application of object-oriented design to games development.
- Use UML diagrams to communicate the design of a program.
- Understand the role of iterative development techniques in the development of games software and to have a detailed understanding of a particular approach.
- Design high quality games software using design patterns and an understanding of system architecture
- To understand the roles and responsibilities of a professional games developer including legal, social, ethical and professional issues.