AI for Computer Games
This module introduces methods of Artificial Intelligence used in Computer Games
Aims of Module
- To teach students how to use standard game artificial intelligence techniques for an action game.
- To provide students with an understanding of alternative game AI architectures and techniques (such as artificial neural networks, agent- architectures and Bayesian networks.)
On completing this module, students will be able to:
- Design and construct an artificial intelligence for a simple game.
- Implement a pathfinding algorithm on a two-dimensional static terrain map.
- Use an artificial intelligence engine to specify the behaviour of a computer-controlled entity in a game.
- Evaluate the potential value of alternative AI architectures and techniques for a given problem.
- The structure and design of a typical game AI. 40%
- Pathfinding algorithms. 20%
- The use of an artificial intelligence engine. 20%
- Overview of alternative or emerging game AI techniques. 20%