Games Case Project
In this module, students tackle a significant game demo project
Aims of Module
- To provide the student with an opportunity to apply the theory and skills derived from the relevant taught modules to an extensive practical project.
At the end of this module students will be able to:
- Identify and select appropriate requirements, design and implementation stratagems and methods for computer game.
- Apply a single well-integrated requirements and design methodology to a computer games project.
- Implement a computer game design using industrial standard software development techniques and tools and address hardware interfacing issues;
- Apply appropriate quality assurance techniques and work to appropriate technical standards for documentation and quality control.
- Produce a personal evaluation of the project work in terms of the technical decision-making and the final project deliverables.
The module will comprise a complete lifecycle development of a computer game product based on an appropriate game proposal document. Students will be expected to fully plan and control their activities and resources to achieve the case project aims and deliverables. The various key aspects of the project work will be as follows:
- Definition of project terms of reference with the tutors and selection of appropriate development strategies and methods covering the various lifecycle phases;
- Production of project plan and testing plan using appropriate quality assurance standards and techniques together with established resource and time estimating techniques and tools;
- Production of software design specifications and models to achieve defined requirements;
- Software production and testing, system integration and testing and operational system demonstration.