Multimedia Assets for Computer Games
This model addresses the development of multimiedia assets for use in games
Aims of Module
- To develop a critical understanding of the design issues and principles relating to multimedia in computer games development.
- To provide a global awareness of related disciplines associated with the design and development of computer games.
On completion of the module the student will be able to:
- Design and implement a simple low polygon character model in an animated sequence.
- Apply visual storytelling techniques to the field of games design.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the various multimedia assets that are essential for games creation.
- Graphics and Animation Manipulating and creating 2D and 3D graphics for application to computer games. Colour palettes. Cross cultural references to colour. Character profiling/design and creation using Low polygon editor. Basic 3D animation requirements of a simple sequence. Traditional animation techniques. (40%)
- Video and Audio. Storyboarding techniques. Applying the visual language of the camera to games creation and storytelling. Texture and lighting considerations.Manipulation of temporal media assets. Sound layering effects. Basic psycoacoustical models. Audio and video editing process. (40%)
- Immersion. The role of surround sound, virtual reality and motion capture in modern games. Emerging trends in multimedia for games design. (20%)